Sunday, April 10, 2005

Summer rains

It's just started raining in Bangalore on what was a very nice Sunday afternoon.  I decided not to venture out today as I am tired of dealing with the rickshaws drivers and their constant offers of tours and shopping.  I have decided to stay in and finish a book I am reading "The Rule of Four".  When it rains in Bangalore it really rains, to the point people on two wheelers pull over to the side of the road and wait out the downpour under any cover they can find.  The last two days have consisted of way too much food as I have found my CEO likes to order and order he did.  Starting off with dinner the first night we ordered kababs and beer which are the traditional starter for an evening.  Once that was finished and a few more beers consumer he proceeded to order dinner.  Dinner consisted of at least four different dishes and plenty of garlic naan.  Suffice to say at the bar in which we retired for an after dinner drink I could barely move.  Saturday began with the difficult task of flagging down a rickshaw driver and heading over to the upscale Chauncery Hotel where he was staying.  We then proceeded to shop for a good three hours and discovered an art studio that specialized in abstract works.  After picking out the pieces we wanted we were picked up by our country head and left for a lunch consisting of Afghani food.  Upon arrival I knew I was in trouble, as it turns out this was my CEO's favorite restaurant so food would be ordered in large quantities.  One note, I will definately be adding leg of lamb to my plethora of dishes I like to cook.  As I have been writing this entry the rain has picked up and the streets are already turing to mud and what used to be a series of potholes leading to another street has already flooded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home